Peaches are my favorite fruit. I even named one of my children Georgia. Granted, sometimes she is not all together peachy, but … anyway.
The sad thing about peaches is that they are only in season for a short time, so I spend these few weeks making memories with my beloved peaches. Peach pancakes, peach smoothies, peach cobbler, and peach margaritas, to name a few. The memories after the peach margaritas are a smidge fuzzy, but…anyway.
I am making this recipe tonight, if I can keep my crew of four (and their friends) away from the gorgeous peaches on my counter. Epicurean, as usual, is cooking and creating with seasonal items and our kitchens are chock full of this glorious fruit. The peach tarts I eyed the other day could have been on the cover of a magazine. That’s the other great thing about peaches – they are pretty! Unlike lima beans which are – um – not. And lima bean margaritas just don’t have the same appeal, do they?
Speaking of magazines, this recipe comes from Real Simple. Enjoy.
Chicken with Grilled Peaches and Arugula
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: 20m| Total Time: 20m
- 4 6-ounce boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon olive oil
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 2 medium red onions, sliced into 1/2-inch-thick rounds
- 3 peaches, cut into wedges
- 1 bunch arugula, thick stems removed (about 4 cups)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 ounces blue cheese, broken into pieces
- Heat grill to medium-high.
- Brush the chicken with 1 teaspoon of the oil and season with ½ teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, toss the onions, peaches, 1 tablespoon of the oil, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Grill the chicken and onions until the chicken is cooked through and the onions are tender, 5 to 6 minutes per side.
- Grill the peaches until charred, 2 minutes per side.
- Toss the arugula with the onions, peaches, vinegar, and remaining oil.
- Top with the cheese.
- Serve with the chicken.