I had to pry this recipe out of Jenna Johansen, our resident star Innovation Chef. I’m not exaggerating about the star part; she was featured on Around the World in 80 Plates. And, sadly, I am not exaggerating about having to pry the recipe from her. She is refusing to admit that summer is coming to an end; and you’ve got a love a girl that insists on eating up the last days of fun in the sun.
After talking to her in soothing tones and promising her a round of margaritas on me (and by me, I mean the company credit card), she shared this recipe for Summertime Farmer’s Market Corn Salsa. This quick, easy, full of flavor concoction is sure to please. It’s a perfect partner for chips and a great topping for fish or meat. And wow is it good with those margs. Happy Labor Day!
Summertime Farmer’s Market Corn Salsa
Prep time: 10 minutes | Serves: 10
- 3 ears corn, local and fresh if possible
- 2 Roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1 small zucchini, diced
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 2TBL extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt and pepper to taste
- Wall all vegetables, cut as necessary
- Peel corn, blanch (if desired) in boiling water for three minutes, immediately placing in ice water to stop cooking
- Cut corn off the cob
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl and serve