You’d think achieving the perfect hard-boiled egg would be a simple task, but those little ovals can cause some confusion in the kitchen. As one of the quickest, healthiest, all-in-one snack, eggs are an ideal choice. And with the Easter holiday fast approaching, hardboiled eggs (along with an insane amount of jelly beans and chocolate treats) are a must. We talked to the Epicurean chefs about our hard-boiled egg woes and here’s their recipe for the perfect egg.
- Place eggs in a pot and cover with cold water
- Add two pinches of salt to the water
- Bring the water to a rolling boil and allow to boil for approximately one minute
- Remove from heat and cover the pot with a tight-fitting lid
- Let pot sit for 15 minutes
- Rinse eggs in cold water and peel as needed