Oh what a tangled web we weave!
Lance Armstrong tells Oprah he did a lot more than carb load. Te’o admits that his dead girlfriend never really existed. Jennifer Lopez swears to People Magazine that she’s never had Botox. And Beyoncé may or may not have lipsynced at the inauguration.
Whatever the truth may or may not be (nice try, J.Lo), if you have to eat humble pie, might as well make it as delicious as possible. Sandra Lee first created this recipe – we added a few ingredients and changed the name. Just wanted to be honest….
Prep time: 5 minutes | Cook time: 50 minutes | Serves: 6
- Frozen peaches (approximately 24 oz total) or frozen berries of your choice, thawed
- 1 can (21 oz) apple pie filling
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- dash of nutmeg
- 1 roll (18 oz) prepared sugar cookie dough
- Vanilla ice cream or greek yogurt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large bowl, mix thawed fruit, apple filling, sugar, nutmeg and cinnamon
- Transfer fruit mixture to an 8×8 baking dish
- Crumble cookie dough over fruit, covering thickly and completely
- Bake uncovered until cookie crust is golden and crisp, and juices bubble thickly, about 45 minutes
- Serve warm with ice cream or yogurt
- When someone asks if you had more than one serving, lie